I’ve gotten e-mails from many awesome book bloggers, so I figured it might be helpful to make a post just for you.
If you are excited about my books, well, I am super excited about you being excited, so it works out well for both of us! Here are some ways you can potentially get involved:
1. Reviews. Now that Give Up the Ghost and all three books in the Fallen World trilogy are out in stores, review copies are no longer available. Sorry! If you pick up a copy on your own, I’m still grateful if you take the time to share your thoughts.
Earth & Sky e-galleys will be available from NetGalley starting in September. Canadian book reviewers can grab a print ARC of the book during my appearance at Toronto’s 2014 Word on the Street, or by requesting on from Razorbill Canada (subject to availability and publisher approval). I will also have some author copies on offer in late September or early October, if you want to make a request (though I can’t promise anything, as they’ll be limited).
2. Interviews and guest blogs. Want me to come by your blog to answer a few questions or talk about a particular topic? I’ve love to! All you’ve got to do is e-mail me and ask.
3. Contests. I’ve heard from a few people interested in hosting contests related to my books. Wonderful! I’m always happy to donate swag like bookmarks, magnets, and stickers. If you’ve got a really great idea for one, let me know and I may be able to throw in a signed copy of the book as well.
4. Bookmarks. I am currently offering Earth & Sky, Fallen World trilogy, and Ghost bookmarks to librarians, bookstore staff, reviewers, bloggers, and other bookish folks, anywhere in the world. I order them in big batches, so there’s always lots to go around! Email me if interested, letting me know how many you’d like and what you’d use them for.
5. Foreign editions and publishers. I am so excited that Ghost, the Fallen World trilogy, and the Earth & Sky trilogy are starting to be picked up by publishers in other countries. Unfortunately, I have very little control over where they will appear. But publishers do listen to readers! If you’d love to see my books in your country, write to your favorite publishers and let them know.
And if you’re wondering about anything I haven’t mentioned here, just get in touch. I don’t bite, promise! You love books–I already like you. 😀
I would love to review your book! And do an interview. And do a contest. And get bookmarks. But I never really asked any authors to review their books before… (I feel bad for doing so).
No need to feel bad! Authors like knowing people are interested in their books. 🙂 Send me an e-mail and we can figure out what we might do.
I do have a copy of your book…I think I forgot to mention that so I’m very excited to help promote it. I’m always open to ideas, I know we were emailing before about doing something. 😉
Yes! I have you written down on my list of people I am doing interviews with. For late Sept/early Oct I think we said? Glad to hear you got a copy! Hmmm… I can send you some bookmarks if you’d like. And if you have any other thoughts on promoting I’d love to hear them. This is my first time doing this (of course), so I’m figuring things out as I go along. 🙂
Super awesome to see authors from Canada! Anyway – I’ve just received an ARC of GIVE UP THE GHOST today, and as per laid out in the timeline above, doing an interview/guest blog some time a little closer to the release date would be awesome if you’re up for it. (I run the YA blog Lucid Conspiracy – click ‘Deltay’ above to reach site.)
In terms of more ways to promote the book – have you considered making a book trailer for Give Up the Ghost? A lot of those seem to be cropping up around lately.
Let me know!
I’d love to do an interview or guest blog later on–just let me know when you’d like to schedule me in!
And a book trailer for GHOST is in the works! I’m hoping to have it ready to show by the middle of August. 🙂
Hi Megan! I’m writing to you all the way from Argentina, to tell you that I cannot wait till your book comes out! I fell in love with the plot like a month ago when I 1st read about it.
I’ve read the 1st chapter here, and I’ve just seen the trailer and I think it’s amazing!
(I also took the Quiz, and it says I’m like Cass, it was pretty accurate)
I’d love to have you for a Guest Post on my Blog, if your schedule lets you <3